How to Change Your LG Water Filter
When you change a water filter every 6-months you ensure that your fridge will be a constant source of clean, sweet tasting water. While every fridge model is slightly different, making an LG fridge filter change is easy if you follow the steps below.
Be sure to check out our videos for tips and steps to change water filters in specific fridge models.
- Start by turning off the water valve that connects to the refrigerator water line.
- Dispense any remaining water left in the water line. You may want to lay a dry towel on the floor in case there is any more water.
- Open the left side of the refrigerator door and remove the bottom door bin by grabbing each end and lifting up and out.
- Swing the old filter out slightly, holding it from the bottom and turning counterclockwise until it releases.
Note: If you haven’t already ordered your replacement, you can check the model number near the top of the old filter.
- Remove your new filter from its packaging and take off the cap cover.
- Place the new water filter in the water filter mount and turn the filter clockwise until it is fully locked in place.
- Swing the new filter back into the filter housing and slide your door bin back into place then push down on your door bin until it is fully seated on the mount supports.
- Once the new filter has been installed turn the water valve to on.
- Purge and prime to the new water filter. Dispense about 9 ½ liters of water in 30 second intervals.
- Reset the water filter indicator light by holding down the button next to it for about 3 seconds.
Lastly, you should make sure you set up a reminder to order your next water filter before the warning light comes on again. The best way to do this is by signing up for a personal reminder at the bottom of the page from Statewide.
Order your replacement LG fridge water filters from Statewide Appliance Spares today and save on the cost per filter when you order in bulk.
Popular fridge filters
LG Spare Parts & Accessories
Looking for genuine spare parts or accessories for your other LG appliances?
Statewide Appliance Spares is the only Nationally Authorised Distributor of LG spare parts and LG accessories in Australia. We have the largest range of parts at competitive prices for immediate delivery.
Click here to find the LG spare part or accessory that you are looking for.