Why You Should Replace Your Water Filter
Have you ever wondered why the indicator light on your LG refrigerator is flashing?
The short answer is that it’s very likely been 6-months since you picked up an LG replacement filter from Statewide Appliance Spares. During its lifetime your filter uses a blend of components to block any impurities from getting in your drinking water and your glass, such as:
- Dissolved naturally occurring minerals
- Human-generated chemicals
- Radiological materials
When a filter starts to get too old, these impurities stack up and make it less effective at purifying your water. That’s when it’s time to get a new LG water filter replacement and make sure you continue to drink the purest water possible.
Learn more about how an LG replacement filter keeps your water safe to drink.
How To Change Your LG Water Filter
How many people does it take to change a water filter? Every fridge model is slightly different, but one thing that stays the same is that replacing the water filter in any LG fridge is a straightforward process for just one person.
Changing your LG fridge water filter every 6-months is easy! Click here for the steps on how to change your water filter. Look on the Reference Material tab of the filter product page for detailed instructions specific to your filter.
Why Choose Genuine LG Filters
We strongly recommend using genuine LG replacement water filters in LG fridges. Only LG’s genuine replacement parts can guarantee compatibility with your fridge.
Generic replacement water filters from other manufacturers may not work as well as the genuine parts, may not work in your fridge at all, risk damaging the fridge and may affect your warranty.
Choosing genuine filters over generic “after-market” (or non-genuine) copies provides a wide range of benefits covering quality of construction, capabilities, efficiency and value.
Only genuine LG fridge water filters:
- Are purpose-built for LG fridges to the highest standards.
- Are extensively tested and can guarantee compatibility with LG fridges.
- Are made with A-grade raw materials.
- Are internationally certified to meet standards for chlorine, taste and odor reduction.
- Covered by 6 month warranty and backed by a reliable, reputable manufacturer.
- Have high levels of filter efficiencies, while generics are made to variable – and usually lower – standards.
- Have high levels of filter capabilities, while generics are made to variable – and usually lower – standards.
- Are better value over all. While generic filters may often cost less individually, their poorer performance and risks can ultimately result in much greater costs.
The refrigerator is a centrepiece of daily life in most households because of how often it is relied on to keep food fresh, drinks cold and provide vital clean drinking water.
Many nutritionists recommend we drink 2-3 litres of water per day. To keep your water safe and tasting great, we at Statewide recommend that you change your LG refrigerator water filter every 6-months.