Shop for LG fridge water filters at Statewide Appliance Spares. We offer genuine LG fridge water filters to ensure safer, cleaner drinking water for you and your family.
Genuine LG Fridge Water Filters are NSF tested and certified to reduce contaminants like iron, particulates and chlorine in your drinking water and ice cubes. We ensure our most popular LG fridge water filters are always in stock and offer fast Australia wide delivery. LG Fridge water filters have no expiry date – take advantage of our bulk buy discounts and flat rate shipping to ensure you always have a spare on hand.
Keep an eye on your LG fridge water filter indicator light to know when it needs to be replaced (approximately every 6 months). A regular LG replacement will keep your water and ice tasting great at all times.
Why use genuine LG water filters
- LG product warranty provided with all filters
- High quality replacement filters
- Correct filter design for your fridge model
- Guaranteed filtration performance
- Easy installation
Order your LG fridge filters through Statewide Appliance Spares and save:
- $11.00 flat rate shipping Australia wide (up to 8 filters)
- Bulk buy discounts
To search other brands of fridge water filters, click here
Why replace your water filter
Have you ever wondered why the indicator light on your LG refrigerator is flashing? The short answer is that it’s very likely been 6 months since you picked up an LG replacement filter from Statewide Appliance Spares. Most modern filtration systems use carbon, charcoal or a blend of filter components to trap impurities such as iron, particles, chlorine, microorganisms and human-generated chemicals and keep them out of your drinking water. After 6 months they accumulate too much debris as the impurities caught by the filter build up. When this happens, the filters need to be changed to ensure your water is high quality, with a pleasant taste and odour.
Learn more about how an LG replacement filter keeps your water safe to drink.
How to change your LG water filter
Changing your LG fridge water filter every 6-months is easy.
- Start by turning off the water valve that connects to the refrigerator water line.
- Dispense any remaining water left in the water line. You may want to lay a dry towel on the floor in case there is any more water.
- Open the left side of the refrigerator door and remove the bottom door bin by grabbing each end and lifting up and out.
- Swing the old filter out slightly, holding it from the bottom and turning counter clockwise until it releases. Note: If you haven’t already ordered your replacement, you can check the model number near the top of the old filter.
- Remove your new filter from its packaging and take off the cap cover.
- Place the new water filter in the water filter mount and turn the filter clockwise until it is fully locked in place.
- Swing the new filter back into the filter housing and slide your door bin back into place then push down on your door bin until it is fully seated on the mount supports.
- Once the new filter has been installed turn the water valve to on.
- Purge and prime to the new water filter. Dispense about 9 ½ litres of water in 30 second intervals.
- Reset the water filter indicator light by holding down the button next to it for about 3 seconds.
Read our easy installation guide for your specific model of LG fridge water filter
You can find our installation guide for your specific model of LG fridge water filters here. We show you how to install your LG Filters - LT1000P, LT800P (beside door), LT1000P, LT800P, LT700P (top interior), LT600P, LT500P and LT900P (3 stage filters).
Why choose genuine LG filters
We strongly recommend using genuine high quality LG replacement filters in LG fridges. Only LG’s genuine replacement parts can guarantee compatibility with your fridge. Generic and non-genuine replacement water filters from other manufacturers may not work as well as LG fridge filters and may even affect your warranty. Choosing genuine filters over generic “after-market” (or non-genuine) copies provides a wide range of benefits.
Only genuine LG fridge water filters:
- Are designed for LG fridges to the highest standards
- Are extensively tested and can guarantee compatibility with LG fridges.
- Are made with A-grade raw materials.
- Are internationally certified to meet standards for chlorine, taste and odor reduction.
- Covered LG’s 6 month warranty
- Have high levels of filter efficiencies, designed to reduce contaminants while non-genuine are made to variable and usually lower standards
- Have high levels of filter capabilities
- Are better value over all. While non-genuine filters may often cost less individually, their poorer performance and risks can ultimately result in much greater costs
Frequently Asked Questions
Do unused filters expire?
No. Unused filters have an unlimited shelf life as long as they are kept dry.
How do I know that it’s time to replace my fridge water filter?
- LG water filters should be replaced every 6 months (or sooner), depending on how often you use the water from your refrigerator. Some models have a filer change alert which indicates when it’s time to replace your filter
- Water hardness, water quality and how often you use the water dispenser and ice maker can also impact the time taken between water filter changes
- If the water flow is slower than normal, there may be a build up in the water filter. This could signal it is time for a change
- There is an unpleasant odour or a funny taste
Can I use other brands’ filters in my LG refrigerator?
Counterfeit, inaccurately labelled and third-party water filters are not guaranteed to properly filter water in your LG refrigerator and may cause damage not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. Always use genuine LG refrigerator water filters.
I just changed my fridge water filter and the water tastes strange. Why?
Since refrigerator water filters are made of carbon, some residue may initially be present and cause an odd, bitter taste. We recommend allowing the water dispenser to run and discarding the first three litres or so of water.
How do I change my water filter?
Depending on your LG refrigerator model, the water filter will be installed in either the inside, lower bottom, or on the back. Replacing the filter is easy, taking only minutes and without requiring any tools. Consult your refrigerator owner’s manual or check out our blog guide for step by step instructions.